Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Compass Training

Tonight I went to a training on Compass. I found that this computer program could be very valuable in my classroom. I like that you can adjust the lessons based upon the level of your students. I also like that it is tied back to the student's MAP test scores.

With this program, I was able to create lessons for every level of student that I am working with. I am excited to start the program with some of my students that function at a much lower level. There are times that I would like to switch things up but run out of options. I think this program will be able to provide that. I also like that you recieve instant notification of the results. You also are able to look over the assessments to see where the student may be going wrong.

I was very thrilled about the capabilities of this program. I think it is a tool that I will implement in the futur.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know much about Compass. Is it considerable to Odyssey? What does it cost for a school?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen,

      I am not able to answer your questions as I am not sure what Odyssey is. I also am not sure on the cost. I would think that it is a pretty feesible program but I am not certain. I have implemented the program with a few students and it has went very smoothly. I have currently only used it as supplemental work but I plan to use it in one of my lower level English courses this next week. I like how it is tapered to the students level and you can pick the topics covered. In my opinion it is worth checking out.

      Delete